"The first and last thing required of genius is the love of truth."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

8 1/2. Pilsen

In this half-post, I wanted to share the personal experience of my trip. I was lucky to stay with a warm, friendly couple named Lindsey and Justin in the awesome Chicago neighborhood of Pilsen. It is an area with heavy Mexican influence and one that boasts incredible art, sprayed all over what seems, while walking, to be every singe wall. When looked at together, the buildings resemble a row of an old homeless man's teeth, each shaped uniquely and sharpened by the weathering world. One could study them for a long time; there are countless stories ready to be told. In short, the place has character. And so I admit that I love Pilsen, and here is why:

THE HOOD



 
 


THE MURALS







 

 







THE STATION




 

 

 

 

  

So there it is. But the last thing that I want to say is: God bless CouchSurfing!

No comments:

Post a Comment